Hey guys! This is the guide to our first entry to the Poptropica Help Blog’s Halloween Costume Contest this year. Well, since we’re two people, we did a joint thing, where we have two costumes that we’ve both collaborated on of a similar theme as one submission. As you probably noticed from the heading, this one’s Sun and Moon, and both costumes are lovely!
10/31/2015 UPDATE: GUYS, THE PHOTO SUBMISSION FOR THIS WON SECOND PLACE IN THE PHB’S CONTEST! 😀 Keep reading to find out how to dress like the winners! 😉
We wanted something golden and glorious and instantly eye-catching to capture the essence of the sun.
- Get the hair and the shirt from the lady in yellow outside the train on the first scene of Mystery Train Island.
- Get the skirt from the lady with the green beret outside the tunnel system on Counterfeit Island.
- Get the bangs and earrings from Aphrodite on the Poseidon’s Realm beach on Mythology Island.
- Get the clear lips from the lady in blue with fruit on her head on Main Street, Mythology Island. ALTERNATIVE: The lips from the Swan Ballerina costume from the Store (select orange for the color).
- Get the wings from the Fairy Queen costume from the Store.
- Turn on the Electrify Power in yellow.
- Have your skin a little tanned and your hair dyed a light brown. TIP: Use the free Colorizer feature in the New You shop on Home Island to save yourself 250 credits!
That’s it, you’re done! 😀
We wanted something loose, ethereal, and a little wild to create this Poptropican depiction of the moon.
- If you’re a member, get the hair from the lady outside the wrestling house on Red Dragon. If not, then get it from Jumpy Starfish’s photos/closet.
- Get the bangs from the Pop Star costume from the Store.
- Get the top/over-eye bang from the Prom Queen costume from the Store.
- Get the wings from the Angel costume from the Store.
- Get the clear lips from the lady with fruit on her head on Main Street, Mythology Island.
- Get the belt from Triton in the Poseidon’s Realm beach on Mythology Island.
- Get the star necklace from the lady in all black inside the Ye Olde Rumor Mill on Astro Knights Island.
- Get the top from Spotted Dragon’s Big Nate photo.
- Get the skirt from Spotted Dragon’s Big Nate photo.
- Turn on Phantom Power from the Store to the highest opacity.
- Dye your skin a very pale grey, almost white, and your hair midnight blue. TIP: Use the free Colorizer feature in the New You shop on Home Island to save yourself 250 credits!
That’s it, you’re done! 😀
That’s all for now! We’ll do our guide for our second submission to the contest, Doll and Psycho, soon! 🙂